Tuesday, August 18, 2009

ergh.

I'm not really OK, I keep lying to everyone.
(I doubt many people actually read this so I have a place to whine on without reprecussions...and I don't know how to spell that word, lol.)
The truth is, I'm ridicously homesick. Maybe it's strange to be homesick for a country (the U.S.) I have been away from for so long but the feeling simply. Truth be told, I don't fit in too well here. Especially not Hoofddorp, this horribly boring hole of a village I'm stuck in. At one point I was convinced everything was falling into place, now it's all mixed-up again, and I'm not quite sure if I can put it right.
Sometimes I frustrate myself: there's really nothing wrong with my life, so why do I always feel like there is? Why do I feel like crying all the time? It's that feeling of something being missing. Something intangible.
I'm sick of feeling like a foreigner, making mistakes and not being able to express myself in a language. In the U.S. sometimes I feel strange too, because no-one understands it when I ramble on about Dutch football(erm, soccer) or things like that, but at least it's easier to adapt. No accent to give me away.

And I miss alot of people. I guess I'm angry at all the people I've lost over the years, just because of stupid parents that decided to ship me all over the place like a lost package.
(The truth is I can't go back to the U.S., I don't have a choice, and I should just tell that to myself so I can stop hoping.)
Stupid war raging in my brain, not feeling at ease anywhere.
I don't know if it will ever be alright. But I can keep hoping.

1 comment:

  1. awe Brooke, I know what you mean- i felt horrible when I moved from NY to FL for a year, so I know what you are going through- although I was lucky to move back to NY then moved to PA which I am happy about- but what helped me along the way was to stay positive, try thinking of ways that will help you through it. and wish that one day you will return to the U.S - hope this works for you( I read your blogs every time you write, I like 'em. take care...au revior! - Roseanne

    ReplyDelete